PuaHate Random

Registrations Closed  Banned?

I just went to Neil Strauss' websites. Same old shit. Thread Tools Search Thread
10-10-2012, 06:45 PM
dicksdicksdicksdicks

Does anyone know what he's actually doing these days? I know that most of his income is still coming from The Game and other PUA bullshit, but how the fuck does he actually spend his time?

Stylelife Academy is still offering "Bootcamps" through December 2012. Prices aren't listed until you give your email, etc.; it's a classic yes ladder. On the right margin of the site, there's the youtube video of him talking to Jessica Alba from 5+ years ago.

Neilstrauss.com is, absurdly, even more scammy. There's what looks like a blog roll in the middle, but if you click on any of the entries, an "instant free access" menu pops up in which you are required to register with your email. Who would do that just to read his gay article on George Clooney?

https://www.neilstrauss.com/

EDIT: sorry, wrong forum. This should really be under bash the scene.

10-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Guru of Auto Enroll

He is the pinnacle of scamming cocksuckers.

Exhibit A: The steaming pile of shit that was the Annihilation Method (and the associated price tag).

Exhibit B: His bullshit scam where the only way you could get onto his "exclusive" new email list was to buy his latest book and send in a scanned copy of the receipt.

10-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Kick

I believe he still writes for rolling stone and probably other places. and he had a book out last year.

the guy is a scamming ass-kissing dickwad and probably an idea-stealer if not an outright plagiarist, but he's made himself very marketable.

10-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Sephiroth

Most likely he makes more money off PUA shit than off his writing.

His books all hit the NYT bestseller list, but only The Game spent a long time in the top 10 for nonfiction.

10-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Dyler Turden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

His books all hit the NYT bestseller list, but only The Game spent a long time in the top 10 for nonfiction.
He had a gig with the NYT that must have paid pretty well for him to do his whole "fall off the grid for 2 years learning PUA" act.

10-11-2012, 04:51 AM
RestInPeaceASF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyler Turden View Post
He had a gig with the NYT that must have paid pretty well for him to do his whole "fall off the grid for 2 years learning PUA" act.
He probably had pitched the idea for someone about the book at some point after he got involved.

I think he was probably making an income somewhere, because he basically nuked his early google posts (and from the fs.com archive), where he used the name "Chris Powles".

10-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Fripon

Totally agree with you... I even prefer reading The Mystery Method which at least is much more positive than The Game which made me feel very uncomfortable...

I did not know why when I read it a few years ago, but now I know why thanks to PUAHate and this kind of thing...

10-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Guru of Auto Enroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

I'm sure he's getting some pretty hefty advances for his book deals...

10-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Tumbling Doll Of Flesh

It pissed me off that the ONLY money I spent on PUA stuff (The Rules Of The Game Book) was a waste because it had stuff already on one of his websites! It was hardly any money but its the principle

10-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Gambler Homeless Game

Richard La Ruined