PuaHate Random

Registrations Closed  Banned?

Gym Forum Thread Tools Search Thread
08-27-2010, 01:24 PM
AMOGSorcerer

I see that going to the gym is usually suggested by most on PUA hate as one of the best ways of making you more attractive and improving your chances of getting women. Why not have a forum that allows guys to discuss fitness, training and nutrition and offer tips to help one another

08-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Svall Fanboy

Please No!

The guys on here don't even understand what pua is, obviously.

If a guy goes to the gym for the sole purpose to get laid he need to reprioritize his life. He setting up himself for disaster.

- puacomic -
08-27-2010, 03:06 PM
BigDaddyDangleDown
Banned

Agreed. It's one of the basics, especially when it comes to girls. Even though it is like brushing your teeth(in the sense that everyone should do it), it'll take you so far.

08-27-2010, 03:20 PM
EatCakeAndDie

YEAH BRO let's start a gym forum so that we can all get big and buff and beat up the RSD NERDS!!!!!

08-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Midnight

Send a message via Skype™ to Midnight

If you want to discuss gym shit, go to a fitness forum.

Afterward, you should consider suicide as a viable after-workout activity for yourself.

08-27-2010, 04:16 PM
AMOGSorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
If you want to discuss gym shit, go to a fitness forum.

Afterward, you should consider suicide as a viable after-workout activity for yourself.
I think you are just reiterating what other fools are saying. Having a fitness/workout forum that is aimed at complete beginners is a great step in the opposite direction of "looks don't matter". Working out would do wonders for the mindsets of recovering PUAholics.

With many fitness forums the information is very technical, aimed at a more experienced audience and often contains a lot of marketing (surprise).

08-27-2010, 04:24 PM
David DeAngelo

I could marry a woman like you, yea, I'd divorce you a week later and take half your money.

08-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Midnight

Send a message via Skype™ to Midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOGSorcerer View Post
I think you are just reiterating what other fools are saying. Having a fitness/workout forum that is aimed at complete beginners is a great step in the opposite direction of "looks don't matter". Working out would do wonders for the mindsets of recovering PUAholics.

With many fitness forums the information is very technical, aimed at a more experienced audience and often contains a lot of marketing (surprise).
And this is Puahate.com, not imafaggotwhodoesntknowshitaboutfitness.com.

GTFO

08-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Kok

Quote:
Exactly, if you want to find fitness advice, go here instead:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

08-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Nicholaus

Quote:

GTFO

08-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Austin Powers

FAT BASTARD IS FAT!

08-30-2010, 07:13 PM
nathan pua
Banned

faggit

08-31-2010, 02:29 AM
onenatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOGSorcerer View Post
I see that going to the gym is usually suggested by most on PUA hate as one of the best ways of making you more attractive and improving your chances of getting women. Why not have a forum that allows guys to discuss fitness, training and nutrition and offer tips to help one another
We already have one, here it is: http://www.puahate.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

When the fuck did you get that idea?

09-01-2010, 11:43 PM
AMOGSorcerer

Quality AMOG bro

09-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Prince Sodomia
Banned

OH YEAH!

I want a gym section. PLEASE, post all your picture there
especially semi-naked

09-02-2010, 11:27 PM
DH1987

I've done some studying on this matter already. If you're a beginner at lifting weights (<1 year), there's really not a lot that you have to know. I can give you some tips, though. These tips come from the book "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe, so if you are a beginner and are looking to gain muscle mass, I highly recommend it. It provides a LOT of information about proper form, which is VERY important when lifting weights. Here's some tips, though:

- If you're skinny and have trouble gaining weight, there is a solution called GOMAD. Stands for "Gallon Of Milk A Day". That's right. Drink one full gallon of milk every day, and you will definitely gain quite a bit of weight. Milk is also a great source of protein, which makes it that much more valuable. However, if you have acne problems, be careful. In my experience, it makes my acne very bad, but those who don't have acne usually don't have problems. Do this with a normal diet full of fish, meat, and vegetables, and you will definitely see an increase in weight. I gained 20 pounds in less than a month because of this. It will be tough at first, but keep at it. There are no easy solutions, so be prepared to do what it takes. If you're an ectomorph like me, you'll have to eat around 3500 calories a day to gain weight.

- When working out, stress FORM above all things. If you can't even get any weights on the bar, don't worry about it. The weights on the bar are irrelevant. All that matters is FORM. Putting more weight on the bar but exercising with less-than-perfect form will only lead to disaster. I've injured my back on my 23rd fucking birthday because of this, and I couldn't walk correctly for 3 weeks. Just watch what you're doing, and if you don't know what you're doing, consult someone who does, preferably a fitness trainer. I've had guys at the gym show me how to do squats and were completely incorrect. Read the book I mentioned earlier, it gives very detailed explanations and demonstrations of proper form. Probably more detail than you'd want, but if you're serious, you will wanna read ALL of it.

- If you're a beginner, workout routines will be short. My routines usually only took 40-50 minutes a day, 3 days out of the week. It is short, but intense, so you don't burn a lot of calories and lose mass. Here's an outline of the program I used:

Workout A:

3x5 Squats
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B:

3x5 Squats
3x5 Military Press
3x5 Bent Rows

Go to the gym Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and alternate Workouts A and B every day you go. Just make sure your form is perfect before you start putting weights on the bars, though. Pay special attention to Squats, Bent Rows, and Deadlifts, they are the hardest and most commonly misunderstood exercises of all that I've listed.

- You don't need any fancy equipment. All you need is an Olympic bar, weights to put on it, a bench for Bench Pressing, and a rack for Squats. If you have the room, just buy the equipment. If not, you'll have to go get a gym membership, but just know that you don't need all of those fancy machines. Go to the cheapest gym that offers what I've mentioned.

- FORM above all else. Yes, I've said it already. But it's so important that I need to stress it one more time, you cannot make any valuable gains if your form is not absolutely PERFECT.

One last tip...

[SIZE="7"]FORM ABOVE ALL ELSE!!![/SIZE]

I have made good gains from this stuff. However, I had to quit due to financial restrictions. I simply could not afford to eat so much. I guess I should mention that you'd better be ready to put out a lot of money, too.

09-04-2010, 12:31 PM
JBarnett1977

Amongst all the fancy lifts, compound movements and circuit training you can't neglect RAW POWER. Today I hit the bench and threw some iron

Tags
Keyboard jockeys are hermits that don't work out, PUAHATE=cheeto scoffing basement dwellers, Wonnatuwal www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LFiHP-2QYI